Empty seat and My extra space conditions 1. Empty seat / My extra space
1.1 The term 'Empty Seat' refers to a seat in Economy Class next to your own seat that is not occupied by another passenger for the duration of the flight.
1.2. The term 'My extra space' refers to several seats in Economy Class next to your own seat that are not occupied by one or more passengers for the duration of the flight. Hereafter we refer to ‘My extra space’ as 'Empty seat'. As this selection of conditions applies to both, you can read ‘My extra space’ instead of ‘Empty seat’ if you wish.
1.3 The term 'Empty seat' refers to a standard Economy Class seat, which can be blocked during check-in for an additional fee.
1.4 We make every effort to accommodate your request for an 'Empty seat'. However, we reserve the right to re-allocate the 'Empty seat' even after boarding for operational, safety or security reasons. The final decision lies with the ground staff and the crew on the day of the flight. Please refer to Article 3 for more information on refunds.
2.2 When reserving an ‘Empty seat’, you declare that all information provided by you when requesting a particular seat is correct and that you are not making a speculative, false, or fraudulent reservation. You also declare that you are making the reservation only on behalf of yourself or a third party for whom you have the authority to act. This third party must also meet the conditions set out in paragraph 2.1.
3.1 If you are not allocated an 'Empty seat' seat, you are entitled to a refund of the fee you paid for the 'Empty seat' for that particular part of the journey if:
- Your KLM flight has been cancelled.
- The aircraft type or seating arrangement of your KLM flight has changed, and an ‘Empty seat’ is no longer available.
- You have missed your intercontinental KLM flight after an earlier flight with KLM or another SkyTeam partner.
- We have exercised our right to reallocate or reassign your ‘Empty seat’ before or after boarding for operational, safety or security reasons. The final decision lies with the ground staff and crew on the day of the flight.
- The refund of the costs for the 'Empty seat' will be automatically requested for you if your ‘Empty seat’ is no longer available.
3.3 Refunds won’t be issued if the above criteria are not met.
With this service, we offer you an empty seat in Economy Class based on availability. This does not include any services or products other than the features of the seat type. There are seats on board where the armrest between the 2 seats cannot be raised. In case of purchase of an ‘Empty seat’ or ‘My extra space’, the passenger is not allowed to take additional (hand) baggage. The original baggage conditions remain in place. This information can be found during the reservation process.